cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with beginner router lab problem

anevilsp0nge
Level 1
Level 1

Brand new beginner (less then 5 hours using packet tracer). Just started building networks with modems. After following several videos online to create a network that will send a simple pdu from an end device to a switch, to a modem, then to another modem, then the switch, then the end device, and all the way back I ran into a problem. 

The pdu won't go back to the end device it was sent from. It goes back up to the modem, then back down again. Until it switches to STP and just loops to every switch without stopping. None of the videos I follow have this happen, even when I following them in everyway possible. Any help would be appreciated!

6 Replies 6

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

My Bad!

Hello,

your static routes were wrong, also on Router2, you had assigned the IP address to the wrong interface.

Attached the revised, working file.

Thank you! My last question is that it says the file is made for a different version of packet tracer, and won’t open. 

Hello,

you need the latest version of Packet Tracer (version to open the file. If you don't have that, what is your email address ? I can We Transfer it to you...

Thank you so much!

anevilsp0nge@gmail.com

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card