cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help with WIC-1DSU-T1v2 in 2620

irotsenmar1
Level 1
Level 1

The serial int that has a WIC-1DSU-T1v2 in my 2620 router says status is down down. The light in the back is AL - amber and CD - green. The interface also has the following status: DCD=down  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=down

I had the isp test the connection to the demarc and they are saying everything is fine on their side. Please help me troubleshoot.

9 Replies 9

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the cable inserted all the way into the serial port?

Also, do you have a different serial card to test with?

Is the cable ok?

You may have a bad card

Yes, the cable is inserted all the way. I don't have another card to test with. It has been working before and all of a sudden one day it stopped. How can I tell if I have a bad card? Thanks.

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

Has it ever worked?  The link below says that card should not work in a 2620.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/1700-series-modular-access-routers/product_data_sheet09186a00801a9184.html

The card was working before and all of a sudden stopped recently. Not sure why. The document says that the 2620xm is supported.

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Make a loopback plug and see if it comes up. Search google for instructions.

When I insert the loopback plug, what should I be looking for exactly? lights? statistics? Can you please describe in detail? Thanks.

Configure the interface to use HDLC vs. PPP. Then insert the loopback plug. Assuming you got the pin out right the port should come up/up. You can then send pings across it to your own interface IP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wan/t1-e1-t3-e3/5708-hard-loopback.html

I did everything you mentioned. The interface is up/up and I can ping to its own IP address and the other interface FastEthernet IP address also. What should I do next? Thanks.

Sounds like you have a telco issue or if applicable an extended wiring issue. Have you called the telco and/or verified the wiring?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: