Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High CPU Utilization 2811

Good day, I have a router 2811 and shows high CPU utilization 90%, it is observed that this happens when the traffic increases, the router also has firewall enabled services, QoS, DHCP, ACLs, NAT. As my router could not determine what is appropriate for my use, and how it could choose a router that meets my needs. I appreciate your help.

6 Replies 6

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Based on the graphs you supplied it dosen't appear that traffic load is your problem. 4.5 MB on a FastEthernet interface is nothing. Depending on how long its lasts a 90% spike may not be a problem either.

Have you confirmed the CPU stats via the CLI vs. trusting what the NMS tells you?

Issue the "sh processes cpu sorted " command to see whats eating up your cpu.

James

Try the command

sh process cpu | ex 0.00

This will filter the process and show you only process which are using the cpu.

Also check the broadcast received on the LAN interface and interface drops and errors via sh int command.

Hi engineers appreciate your response but I've checked my router processes the command you mention, no process is more than 3% need to know how I can determine that my router is not right for the services and traffic that is enduring. And choosing the right router for my work. again thank you for your help.

High CPU Utilization 2811

Hi engineers appreciate your response but I've checked my router processes the command you mention, no process is more than 3% need to know how I can determine that my router is not right for the services and traffic that is enduring. And choosing the right router for my work. again thank you for your help.

review it before, but it is clear, based on this document my router is below the limit. In another forum, they say that the more services you have running on the router, this will decrease your traffic throughput. I appreciate your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card