Views
Helpful
Replies

High QFP Utilization my 4431

bgp.ripe901
Level 1
Level 1

Hello colleagues !

I am using platform 4431 as DMVPN Hub for ~500 Spoke. I using license: throughput + booster_performance.

Version my IOS-XE: 16.9.6.

Typically, the load on the QFP does not exceed 65-75% ( sh platform hardware qfp active datapath utilization), but today i saw qfp utilization in 100%.

My log in console:

003689: Feb  2 2021 14:45:47 GMT: %IOSXE_QFP-2-LOAD_EXCEED: Slot: 0, QFP:0, Load 100% exceeds the setting threshold.

How can I understand the reason high load ?

i readed: Open Caveats-Cisco IOS XE Fuji 16.9.6 but nothing found similar to my case

8 Replies 8

Hello,

have a look at (and post the output of) the commands below:

show platform hardware qfp active statistics drop [detail]

show platform hardware qfp active infrastructure punt statistics type per-cause | exclude _0_

show platform hardware qfp active infrastructure punt statistics type punt-drop | exclude _0_
show platform hardware qfp active infrastructure punt statistics type inject-drop | exclude _0_
show platform hardware qfp active infrastructure punt statistics type global-drop | exclude _0_

Hello Georg !

My debug in attach.

Hello,

what (if any) QoS do you have configured on the 4431 ?

Hello,

Yes, i use shaping/qos markering/ DMVPN QOS.

My config in attach.

up !

up !

Hello,

I don't think there is a way to even tune the QFP (QuantamFlowProcessor). If, as it happened in your case, the data plane load gets too high, you need to find out which process uses too much CPU and/or memory.

Can you post the full running configuration of your 4431 ?

Is this issue resolved? I have encountered the same issue in ISR 4321 router

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card