cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Speed WAN Interface Card (HWIC) Supported Features?

appleton6509
Level 1
Level 1

my office is looking in ordering a HWIC-1FE to supply our cisco 1841 router with a second ISP connection. i wanted to find out if this card support load balancing and fail over? not sure if fail over is the right terminology so ill explain, i need it so that if one ISP connection goes down (as it does often) it fails over to the second ISP. Thanks guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With cisco routers, it's not the hardware that supports features of the type you mentioned, but IOS software.

Anyway, what you want is supported. To enable it, you will need help from a reputable consultant or ceritified cisco partner.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With cisco routers, it's not the hardware that supports features of the type you mentioned, but IOS software.

Anyway, what you want is supported. To enable it, you will need help from a reputable consultant or ceritified cisco partner.

great! thanks for the support!

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: