cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I deactivate an Eval license?

hankej
Level 1
Level 1

We had a 3650 switch go down and got a replacement in and we weren't aware of the Right to Use IPServices license we can use and loaded an eval license.  Now I need to deactivate the eval license and then do the command: 

license right-to-use activate ipservices all acceptEULA

How do I deactivate the eval license?  I'm trying to search for the command, but am not having much luck.

Thank you in advance.

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

the evalution runs until it expires, there is no way to cut the evalution period (usually 60 or 90 days) short. When it has expired and you reload the device, the IP Services license you have installed will become active.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

you cannot deactivate the evaluation license. When the evaluation license has expired, you need to reload the switch, it will then load IP Services.

--> Once the evaluation license is activated, this type of license cannot be deactivated until it expires. After your evaluation period expires, at the next reload your switch image will return to its default license and network operations are not impacted

Hi Georg,

Thank you for your reply.  What would happen if I ran the License Right-to-Use command with the Eval license still the active license?  Will the RTU license take over the active license or will the eval license still be the active license?  If I run the command and the eval license is still the active license, at the end of the eval period after I reload the switch, will the RTU license then just assume the active license role?

Thank you for your reply.

Joe

Hello,

the evalution runs until it expires, there is no way to cut the evalution period (usually 60 or 90 days) short. When it has expired and you reload the device, the IP Services license you have installed will become active.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card