cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I forward ports on Cisco 1811 switch?

mholberger
Level 1
Level 1

I am at work and I am trying to set up the IIS web server. I can not access my website externally through the external IP. When I test port 80 on yougetsignal.com it tells me that port 80 is closed. I tried accessing the router by browsing the gateway IP, but connection is refused. I have been searching for information on how to forward ports on cisco routers and it looks like I have to do it through a command line interface? I cant seem to find any information about how to initiate this connection. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction?

2 Replies 2

mholberger
Level 1
Level 1

Do I need to connect to it through a console terminal port with some sort of cable just to open up port 80????

Hello

Do you have NAT enabled on you routers and if so, do you have a static nat mapping to this IIS server?

Also does this IIS server actually use it  default port number or is it configured for another bespoke port number?

Have a look here

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card