cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I license a second hand C1-CISCO4331/K9 ?

proziumwtf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I recently got an upgrade for the rack - a brand new second hand :D C1-CISCO4331/K9 . Now the show inventory of the device indicates that it's a normal CISCO4331/K9, but when I checked if it's covered by a warranty or a contract, the Cisco SERIAL Number Checker told me that it's actually a C1-CISCO4331/K9 . My company is not affiliated in any way with the Cisco One program. I need to license this device, so it would have Security Features. The license is quite expensive and I wouldn't want to waste it on a device that can't be licenses outside the Cisco One Program. 

So my question is : Can I license this device with the normal procedure like other ISR4331s . And are the Cisco One program devices different in any way ( hardware-wise,software-wise,feature-wise or license-wise ) from the bundled Cisco devices.

Thanks in advance! 

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a very interesting question. I am not expert in Cisco licensing, so what I offer is my opinion. I hope that someone who does have expertise in this will also respond. It is my understanding that Cisco One is a different approach to licensing, and may be very beneficial for some organizations. But Cisco One is software based. I do not believe that there is anything in the hardware that is different for Cisco One. And if the hardware is the same then I would expect that purchasing and installing a traditional license should work. But I agree that you want to be sure about that before you commit to the purchase. Hopefully someone else in the community can shed light on this. And perhaps checking with who ever you plan to purchase the license could advise you on this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card