cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i verify the configuration backup of switch/router?

Varun Luthra
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Flox,

Is there any way to verify the configuration backup? For instance, if i have taken the configuration backup of router in .txt format through tftp server. Then if i need to verify the backup configuration again, so is there any way to cross verify the configuration file of router & switch.

Highly appreciate your support.

Regards,

1 Reply 1

Hello

Show archive config differences xxxx yyyyyy will let you compare save config files.

Wherever you are saving the config file via this archive feature it will allow you to compare files, In my example im saving it on the flash:but this can easily be a ftp/ tftp destination.

archive
log config
logging enable
hidekeys
path flash:/$h  <can be ftp/tftp  /$h specifys hostname of device in archives
time-period 10080
end

archive config
<---initiate a archve

show archive config differences flash:Sep-25-18-37-26.043-1 system:running-config

or

show archive config differences tftp xxxxx/:Sep-25-18-37-26.043-1 tftp xxxxx/:Aug-25-18-37-26.043-1

STAN#show archive | sec Archive
Archive # Name
1 flash:STANSep-25-18-36-50.636-0
2 flash:STANSep-25-18-37-26.043-1 <- Most Recent
!Contextual Config Diffs:
!No changes were found

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card