cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to automatically remove invalid injected route?

sydflyer2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a question in regards to route redistriubtion. For example:

Router A has enabled BGP and EIGRP, and its EIGRP neighbour is Router B. Now Router A redistriubte BGP learned route to EIGRP process, Say, one of the BGP learned route is called Redistribute_BGP. Then, Router B learned the Redistribute_BGP from EIGRP and put it into its routing protocol.

OK, now, Router A's BGP session is broken and lost its BGP learned routes. However, Router B still has the Redistribute_BGP in its routing table. My question is how to get this Redistribute_BGP route removed from Router B's routing table after Router A lose its BGP routes.  Is there any "trigger"? or workarounds? Thanks.

Regards,

Alex

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is that a theoretical question? That is not normal. The route should be withdrawn at the time BGP session is down.

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for your answer. I think you are right. Eventually I've seen the route is withdrawn but just way too late to see it happening on Router B as soon as BGP session is down.

You're welcome. Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Like it should be removed route from eigrp routing table .........wait till the eigrp flush time .

afterthat it will definatly remove the route .

i have one question ?

R u creating the this topology in GNS ? if yes then might be changes becasue it behave some time very weird .

do u r getting all the prefix from ISP or default route .

if only default route then check in your config is there any command u config like

default information originate

Regards

Ritesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card