cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to check fast ethernet in 3745 rotuer

sravan_235
Level 1
Level 1

can any body tell us how to test fast ethernet port.

7 Replies 7

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

What do you want to test it for?

You could either have a look at it with the command "test interface ..." or you could plug a laptop or a switch into it.

Hope that clarifys,

LH

Please rate all posts

we have contected router fast ethernet port to laptop with a straight cable. in this case we are able to ping router fast etherner interface from router.but we not able to ping to laptop ethernet port.

note: pc port working fine.

sravan

Hmmm... considering that each router ethernet port is equivalent to your desktop/laptop NIC, you should've used cross-over to connect laptop to router. I don't have any explanation why you can ping from laptop to router, though.

hi ,

my 3745 router fast ethernet is not working. so how can i confirm that fast ethernet is bad.

please tell us the testing procedures for fast ethernet port.???

sravan

Sravan,

Is this FastEthernet the built-in ethernet interfaces or is it in a Network Module.

Do you have access to the router. If so, can you post the output of "sh int fa0/0 or sh int fa0/1" when the interface is connected to the laptop.

Regards,

Arul

i recon ....the easist way would be connect to your laptop....and see your phisical and data link layer.....in otherwords.......its sould be up and up......if that is so it means that yoir interface is fine....and the first principle of connecting devices is u use cross over when connecting two DTE's......hope this will help .....P.s rate all posts

thanks to all...

my fast ethernet cord has gone bad...confirm..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card