cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure a t1 controller on a 2901 router?

kope
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have trouble to get the serial card (2nd genteration T1 card) on up/up state on a 2901 router.

the SP guy who installed the rj48 at the demarc says it was tested good.

For some reason, it is on up/down state no matter what i tried. Can someone please look at the config below to see if something obviously missing here?

my config is as follows:

card type t1 0 0

!

controller T1 0/0/0

cable length long 0db

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

interface serial0/0/0:0

ip adress x.x.x.x 255.255.255.252

(i configured this as ESF frame, B8ZS...although it did not show up on the real config, must by default)

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

I believe it defaults to HDLC encapsulation.  Try typing in "encapsulation ppp" under the serial interface.

ppp encap fixed the problem. the default was hdlc.

Thank you!

richarz87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Make sure that you have the same lineCode and  Framing Set on both sides of the Router, After this, you need to  Shut/noShut the Controller and try to do loop testing with ISP in case if the issue persists.Controller Config Should be  something like this below For Eg:,

card type t1 0 0

!

controller T1 0/0/0

framing esf

linecode b8zs

cablelength long 0db

channel-group 0 timeslots 1-24

!

Thanks,

Richard.

Hi,

The interfaces should show up regardless of whether you configure them.

When you do a sh run or a sh interfaces you should see all available interfaces in the router whether enabled/disabled or configured/unconfigured.  I would suggest you to reseat the WIC cards and make sure they are detected.

Find the below config may help...

controller t1 0/0
framing esf   (should match the other side mostly esf)
line code b8zs        ( do )
clock source independent
ds0-group 1 timeslots 1 - 10 type fx0-ground-start

Here most of the config depends on the type of device you are connecting to. If connecting to Telco/ISP  they may give you some details like framing, line coding etc.  You can also configure the Pri-group if you want to use CAS.

Please rate if this helped you...

Regards,

Naidu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card