cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to connect router to vlans through more than 1 switch

Khaled100233
Level 1
Level 1

how to connect this router (the one at the top) to the 3 switches at the bottom, these are 2 different networks with 2 different subnet masks. I did the interface encapsulation but it doesn't send packets from any pc in Sales & Marketing Network (the left one) to R&D Network(the right one) or vice versa. I set the port of the switch between the middle switch and the router to trunk and gave all to it, then the left port to vlan 3 and the right port to vlan 2, the left switch has the up port set to access and vlan 3, the right switch has the up port set to access and vlan 2, all the down ports in the left and right switch are set to vlan 1(default). all packet sent shows failed state

Screenshot 2022-05-24 042023.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to put the ports connected to the PCs etc. into the correct vlan so vlan 2 on left switch and vlan 3 on right switch. 

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to put the ports connected to the PCs etc. into the correct vlan so vlan 2 on left switch and vlan 3 on right switch. 

Jon

It worked but after i closed the project and reopened it, it completely stopped functioning

Hello,

post the zipped project (.pkt) file.

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: