cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create 2 routed interfaces on same subnet on C9300 Stacked sw

mdonisete
Level 1
Level 1

I have to stacking 2 C9300 switches but I have a problema, today I have a external routed connectition connected one in each switch. After the stacking the switches will be come only one, how I can configure the interface (same Network) after the Stacking ? The other side only support this routed connection type.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you stack - 2 Physical become 1 Logican.so only 1 control plane

today I have a external routed connection connected one in each switch  <<- Like to see an example config

how I can configure the interface (same Network) after the Stacking ?  << - the interface number changes when you stack, Switch 1 will be 1/0/X and switch 2 will be 2/0/X

so you configure the same way as the exiting configuration available in the switch.

no switchport - that become port in to router port.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

Same network is not possible.  Either wirh routed interface or interface vlan you need to use different networks. 

Better use l3 port channel between router and two stack switch.

Then assing one IP to port channel

This way both SW can forward traffic.

If sw not support l3 port channel then use l2 port channel and config trasit vlan between l3sw and router.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As @balaji.bandi explicitly mentions, once you stack the two switches, you've logically now only have one switch, and one (Cisco) L3 switch (or router) will not support multiple L3 interfaces within the same network.

What you can do, would depend on the capabilities of the "other side" device(s).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card