cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enable POE on a new cisco 887va-k9 ?

Daniel Jansma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have a new cisco 887va-k9 with two port of the four with a POE connection. The question only is, how do I turn those?

there is no seperate power supply at the back as the old versions.

Thanks for advice.

Gr Daniel

4 Replies 4

lparikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for visiting the Cisco Support Community!

Here is a link describing how to enable, disable, and configure POE on the Integrated Service Routers. 

If this post was helpful, please remember to mark this question as resolved to help others in the community. If you have any further questions regarding Cisco’s small business products, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best,

LP

Hi LP,

thanks for your anwser, but the link what you send was for a 867 with 60w power supply. The strange thing is that the 887 has no extra power supply but the rear says it has 2 POE ports.

Daniel

Strange! My 887VA-M has a small 48VDC - 1.67A PoE conector port just right to the (blue) console port. And thus, left to the 12 VDC - 5 A power adapter conector.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a new cisco 887va-k9 with two port of the four with a POE connection.

Post the complete output to the command "sh inventory raw".  If the router was purchased as a PoE "bundle" there should be a PoE daughter board.  If it wasn't then someone will need to purchase the 800-IL-PM-2 daughter board.  Be aware that with the daughter board it will only power up 2 of the 4 port at the back.  This is by design.

Go HERE for more relevant information.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card