Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable the RTP & Voice ports(SIP) 5060 on CISCO 2911 router

raj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am facing the issue is RTP and voice ports 5060, 5061 & 5070 etc. these voice ports are my ISP already enabled on their end but they said I need to enable the voice ports on my end. Even they didn't support for enable the voice ports on my router, that's why I am asking you.

Please guide me how can I enable the above ports on my cisco 2911 route

Regards,

Raj

29 Replies 29

No improvement, still same error

Hold on.  I know what you're trying to do!

You're trying to get your phone to register to a SIP provider, aren't you?  

Oh my God.,,.,you got it,.,.Yes Sir(Sorry for the delay)

I am getting these 2 errors while I am trying to register my phone to a SIP provider but if I am using the different network(Broad Band) at that time it is connected very easy and fast, no errors

This is what my problem exactly. How to resolve the issue?

Sorry I forgot to paste errors on previous message 

SIP 503- Transport failure: no transports left to try

SIP 408 - Request timeout

I am getting these 2 errors while I am trying to register my phone to a SIP provider

Your router doesn't talk to the SIP provider.  Your phone does.

So the voice service provider, if they know what they are doing, should be able to determine if there are call invites arriving to them from your phone.  If they are arriving, what error messages do they see.

This is where I would start my troubleshooting.  

Yes my router doesn't talk to the SIP provider why because initially my phone is not registered to SIP provider.

I am getting on my laptop these 2 errors :

SIP 408 - Request timeout

I am using the zoiper soft phone. if you have any free time or if it is possible I will give you my team viewer session to the my router.

Why it is not registered through my router? but by using Broad band connection why it is registered.

please help me Leo,please

Have you tried Google to search for this error message?   Alternatively, try 3CX Softphone.

not working,.,.if you can please take remote access and check it if there is any firewall and access list to deny the ports or lines

I am connecting ISP modem to direct cisco 2911 router after that router to switches then switches to patch cables like that we are configuring.

I didn't configure any firewall, is there anything I need configure in my router?

like CME? I think no need to configure CME right, it is not require to me(as per my analysis)

3CX also not connected

3CX also not connected

What error message did 3CX report?

Sir, I realized one thing right now. Sorry to say I didn't configure ip route for that IP Address.

SIP provider gave one ip or domain address :208.89.104.41

for that one I did n't create any ip route, so now I am suspecting this case.

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 208.89.104.41

ip route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 208.89.104.41

which one I need to give? is it correct routing?

where I will check firewall feature enabled or not?

3CX is working fine for with out cisco router I tried directly ISP connection to my laptop it is working fine but whenever through cisco 2911 router to my laptop it is not working(soft phone is not registered to SIP provider)

We don't have any firewalls but in my configuration I had one accesslist:

access-list 20 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255(if I am removing this accesslist internet is not working)

exactly what happened is with out cisco router I tried directly ISP connection to my laptop it is working fine but whenever through cisco 2911 router to my laptop it is not working(soft phone is not registered to SIP provider)

They said something is blocked on your router, and also they said create the rules and please allow the ports LAN to WAN & WAN to LAN.(I don't know how to allow)

They said no need of ip route then how to resolve this problem?I have only basic static configuration on my router.

I know this is because of my router configuration only but I didn't find out exact cause.

this problem effected on my job purely.

Regards,

Raj

Sir please answer me,.,.

where I will check firewall feature enabled or not?

3CX is working fine for with out cisco router I tried directly ISP connection to my laptop it is working fine but whenever through cisco 2911 router to my laptop it is not working(soft phone is not registered to SIP provider)

We don't have any firewalls but in my configuration I had one accesslist:

access-list 20 permit 192.168.1.0 0.0.0.255(if I am removing this accesslist internet is not working)

exactly what happened is with out cisco router I tried directly ISP connection to my laptop it is working fine but whenever through cisco 2911 router to my laptop it is not working(soft phone is not registered to SIP provider)

They said something is blocked on your router, and also they said create the rules and please allow the ports LAN to WAN & WAN to LAN.(I don't know how to allow)

They said no need of ip route then how to resolve this problem?I have only basic static configuration on my router.

I know this is because of my router configuration only but I didn't find out exact cause.

Regards,

Raj

raj
Level 1
Level 1

I am connecting ISP modem to direct cisco 2911 router after that router to switches then switches to patch cables like that we are configuring.

I didn't configure any firewall, is there anything I need configure in my router?

like CME? I think no need to configure CME right, it is not require to me(as per my analysis)

3CX also not working for ISP which is connected to CISCO 2911 router but 3CX is working fine for normal Broad band(not connected to cisco 2911 router)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card