Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to exclude an IP Address from Spanning-tree

Good day Folks,

So problem begins with my Barracuda Web Security Gateway. It keeps coming offline. After an extensive truobleshooting with the Barracuda Tech, he determined that my STP is the root of my problems. His suggestion is to exclude the IP Address associated with the appliance and that should correct my problem. Now the only problem I have is, since I am new to all this, how the heck do I do that? I must have fell asleep in class during that portion lol.

Please help. Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Hello,

interesting problem. As with regard to the tech's suggestion, spanning tree is layer 2, while IP is layer 3, so I am not really sure what he means either. How is the 'problem' device connected to the Barracuda ? Do you have a map or drawing of what your topology looks like ? Maybe he meant turning off spanning tree for that particular device. Which can be done, as long as there is no redundant connection to and from that device...

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

STP run on L2, so  you need to look your spanning tree config and how your topology build

spanning treehelp you to build topology and block loops.

As long as you configure right Root bridge configured with right priority and Boracade configured with high priorty not to become root bridge for that VLAN (the IP you mentioning)

or post both the confguration along with show spanning root.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Attached is the config and show spanning root together under one file. Thank you for your help in advanced.

EDITED   sorry @Georg Pauwen 

=====

Do you have high level network diagram how these switches connected cisco switch with Barracuda Web Security Gateway and other switch.

The switch config you have sent over, not the root bridge for those VLAN,

not sure what is connected to below ports, since vlan learning bridge from below ports

find out below MAC Address belong to :

001c.f9c8.3780
ccd8.c157.3400

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/8
description 13536
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-98,100-4094
switchport mode trunk

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/12
description 13503
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-98,100-4094
switchport mode trunk

Other note i belive none of them configured ( my thinking spanning-tree)  because all coming from  defaultvalues 32868

To suggest best we need more your network toplogy, so one can act as root bridge for the VLAN.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I am lost now to be honest. Where are the Brocade switches ? 

Which Barracuda do you actually have (e.g. the 810) ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card