cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to ping from my PC command window to Desktop in packet tracer?

ashraf11235
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am quite new to Packet Tracer and still learning the basics.

I have built a project that contains routers and hosts. I can do ping between devices that are in the packet tracer environment.

How can I ping a host emulated in packet tracer environment from my PC command window?

Thank you in advance for your help.

best regards, Ashraf.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

what exactly do you mean by 'emulated host' ? Post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

ashraf11235
Level 1
Level 1

I could not attach the *.pkt file or the compressed one (*.rar).

An image of the example network is shown below. Ping works from any PC to any other PC in this network.

My original question was can I ping say PC1 from my real PC on which Packet Tracer is running. Meaning, somehow I need to connect my real PC to the simulated network.

Best regards, Ashraf.LAN1_LAN2_image.JPG

Hello,

is your PTBridge not working ? How did you set this up ?

https://www.packettracernetwork.com/features/real-network-connection.html

Martin L
VIP
VIP

No, you cannot ping a host emulated in packet tracer environment from/to your PC command window. You cannot connect PT to any real device or to the Internet.

I do not think PT has implemented such capability ever.  What they have enabled is to have your PT project connected to my PT so that your PT router can exchange traffic with my PT router. In classroom you could then build part of network as a group project.

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: