cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Cisco announces new innovations in SD-WAN, ISRs, SD-WAN Services, and Catalyst 9000 Series switches

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Re: how to source NAT outside interface to outside interface?

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is true.  But what I've found is that even Source NATing from outside interface (Gi0/0) to inside interface (Gi0/1) doesn't work either.  So I wanted to address that more basic issue before looking at the larger issue, hence the new thread.

Highlighted
VIP Advisor

Hello

@JamesS4 wrote:

Hi Paul,

Yes, that is true.  But what I've found is that even Source NATing from outside interface (Gi0/0) to inside interface (Gi0/1) doesn't work either.  So I wanted to address that more basic issue before looking at the larger issue, hence the new thread.

All depends on your configuration and how you are trying to connect into your network from the outside when you applied these PAT statements

You can apply outside nat to a use or active or spare public ip address or to an specific internal host or just a made up internal address - Having completed this on numerous occasions it does work.

So can you post your current configuration as it now and let us know if you still want to use two outside interfaces on the nat router 

kind regards
Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.
VIP Advisor

Hello

Based on your last post regards having two outside interfaces and wanting to nat internally atached is a working sample:

kind regards
Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad

Blog-Cisco Community Designated VIP Class of 2019