cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How would I route FTP to host A down one T1 and all other IP to host A down another T1?

jkeeffe
Level 2
Level 2

I have a 2821 router with two T1 WICs and have the need to route FTP down one T1 and all other TCP traffic down another T1. All traffic is going to the same remote IP address. The remote sites are in different states, and I assume that the remote subnet is being bridged between the states. It's kind of a weird set up, but it's not my design.

Anyway, can I use a route map to split off FTP traffic to host A and send it down one T1 and have the rest of the IP traffic to host A go down the other T1?  I also need to be able to have all traffic use one T1 in case the other T1 goes down.

My first thought was to static all IP down T1-1, then route map FTP traffic down T1-2, then have a floating static for all IP traffic down T1-2 with a higher metric. But something would have to track the T1 interfaces and I'm not sure if route maps or static routes can do that.  Any thoughts on this?

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can use PBR and you can use PBR with enhanced object-tracking so that if the T2 goes down then it switches to the T1. See this do for details and come back if you need further help -

PBR with enhanced object tracking

Jon

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Just get rid of the substring customer in the url and it will work for you.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card