Views
Helpful
Replies

HSSI Interfaces

kokulsharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am having a problem in connecting HSSI cable back to back for 2 Cisco 7206 routers. I ve configured the interfaces as below.

RouterA:

interface Hssi6/0

ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.252

load-interval 30

hssi dce

serial restart-delay 0

clockrate 17280000

fair-queue

RouterB:

interface Hssi1/0

ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.252

load-interval 30

fair-queue

hssi internal-clock

serial restart-delay 0

We loaded the downlink first and then the Uplink. Ths issue is heavy packet drops at the interface when loading uplink.

Appreciate if anyone can help me in this.....

Regards,

Kokulan

8 Replies 8

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Did you hit this Field Notice ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_field_notice09186a0080094c8b.shtml

Could you please provide the show interface & show diag screen capture ? As I remember, it is very simple to configure the back-to-back HSSI connection.

Do you mean the uplink/downlink is the traffic flow direction ?

Do you have spare cable for replacement ?

Can you try to use different clockrate and test again ?

Hope this helps.

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

You say that you are running these routers back-to-back. I see that you are supplying clock on both routers. On router B remove the hssi internal-clock statement from it. Only one device needs to supply clock. You would need to set Router B for external clock...See if that helps you....Please rate...

According to below example, there is such command in the sample. However, it is no harm to remove it and test again.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a8d.shtml

Hope this helps.

azhibetty
Level 1
Level 1

? it's so easy isn't it? good luck!

Hi,

I just remove the clock at one side and check. Interface is getting down....

:-)

Therefore, please follow the example and suggestion to test again. Wait for your update.

Hi Jackyoung,

I ve configured the HSSI cables as mentioned in the example, is there any difference u see??

Thanks,

Kokulan

In fact, the config. is similar. Did you try to use different clockrate and test again ?

And do you have spare cable to swap and test again ?

It is very simple and I can't find the reason why it is not working.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card