cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HSSI to IMUX (frame-relay) configuration?

9mmurphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am working on an implementation of a hub and spoke WAN network using a HSSI network module in a 3640 connecting to a Digital Link IMUX. We are connecting two T1's to start with and there are 22 remote sites with Fractional Frame Relay access.

The provider has handled the T1 bundle into the IMUX and I was trying to configure the HSSI port.

We currently use a Frame T1 with sub interfaces per remote site with encryption on each subinterface.

How do I configure the HSSI port for sub interfaces for each DLCI and then apply the encryption configuration?

I could not find any commands to create a sub interface?

Below is all I have configured on the interface so far.

The code is 12.2.24a with Firewall Feature set.

!

interface Hssi2/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

shutdown

serial restart-delay 0

!

Thanks for any help.

Mike

1 Reply 1

steveo123
Level 1
Level 1

first of all you will need to configure the following elements on the routers:

1.Crypto Policy

2.Transform-set

3.Defining your crypto map

4.Access-list

5.Crypto Policy

Here you would specify/define the IPSec policy and keys for a connection.

Here is an example:

crypto isakmp policy 1

(You name your policy here)

hash md5

(You specify your hash algorithm that used for integrity checking)

authentication pre-share

(How do you want to share your key or signature)

crypto isakmp key NetFestVPN address 12.1.X.X (Present the preshare key and address that its valid to.)

Transform Set

The transform set is how you will encrypt your data over the tunnel and how you will authenticate. Here is an example of a transform set:

First define that its IPsec, the transform will be called Netfest-vpn. The VPN will use ESP (Encapsulated Security Payload) DES encryption with md5 for the hash.

crypto ipsec transform-set Netfest-vpn esp-des esp-md5-hmac

Crypto Map

The crypto map defines who your remote site is (peer), what type of IPsec your using (isakmp = IKE), and what pre-configured transform youll use, and an access list that will filter in the data traffic you want flowing over your VPN.

Once all done just apply the crypto name under the sub interface you will create for the point to point connection:

interface Hssi2/0

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay

no shut

interface Hssi2/0.1

description point to point remote site

bandwitdh

ip address 10.18.X.X

crypto map remote

hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card