cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTML Issues Over Leased Line - Need Assistance Please

aneedham
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a really interesting issue at a remote site connected to a core site via a 2Mb Leased Line.

Basically, IP seems to check out OK in that traceroutes and variable length pings are stable and as expected. SAP is working fine to our central site servers, however browser based applications are not functioning, we are capturing TCP RST's from the Client and the application is either taking an age or not being presented at all in the browser (IE6).

This site has been working for 2 years and there are many other sites using the same application, they are working fine. We have changed the local/remote routers, we have removed the Token Ring at the local site and replaced with ethernet, we have changed subnets at the remote site etc. The Leased Line checks out OK and as previously stated SAP works OK.

When a PC from this site is taken to any other site it works OK.

I am totally at a loss now where to look as it must be assumed that the network is to blame as every other site is working OK.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received at this stage !.

Thanks, Andy

2 Replies 2

tomparrish
Level 1
Level 1

I've seen MTU cause problems like that before.

Check out this page for a few good tips on how to make that change. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/router_mtu.html

Good luck!

I agree that checking MTU is a good thing to do. I would also suggest looking for an access list somewhere along the path of the data that is preventing HTTP. You might also look for something that is doing address translation that has a port translation.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card