HWIC-1T and HWIC-2T - Technical comparison

Syed Farhan Ali
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Techies,

One of our customer is currently running the following IOS version;

c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M3.bin

Please advise me on the following concerns,

Q1. Please let me know if we install the “HWIC-2T” rather than "HWIC-1T" module with current IOS version will there be any compatibility issues?

Q2. Please distinguish the technical capabilities of both Cisco HWIC-1T and HWIC-2T modules?

Regards,

Syed Farhan Ali

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Q1. Please let me know if we install the “HWIC-2T” rather than "HWIC-1T" module with current IOS version will there be any compatibility issues?

Yes.

Q2. Please distinguish the technical capabilities of both Cisco HWIC-1T and HWIC-2T modules?

Look at what's highlighted above this line. Do you see the difference?  

Go HERE for more information about the two.

Dear Leo,

Thanks for your response. Regarding Q1, can you please elaborate the compatibility issues and how we can overcome them.

Regards,

Syed Farhan Ali.

What compatibility issue are you referring to?  Did you read the Data Sheet link I've posted?

I have read the datasheet. With respect to your last post you mentioned a "Yes" in response to the following question:

Therefore I was asking which compatibility issue might come and how can we overcome it.

I really don't understand about your "compatibility issue".  HWIC-1T and HWIC-2T behaves the same way.  The only difference is one port vs two ports.  That's it.  

So I really don't understand what your concern is.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card