cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-AP-AG compatibility

radiomean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to use a HWIC-AP-AG in either an 1841 or 1921 router.

The card does not seem to be recognised in either - I would expect one of the routers to recognise it (many HWIC cards are ok in the EHWIC slots in the 1921).

Any thoughts on compatibility are appreciated!

Cheers, Bill

7 Replies 7

radiomean
Level 1
Level 1

In my 1841, I also get an error message of - 'Unknown WIC in slot(0/0), wic card has an unknown id of 0x491' and if I try to start configuring the card with:

conf t
int dot11radio0 or radio1
I just get invalid input ...

ALSO, I should add the four leds on the card light - but dimly - almost as soon as the router is powered on. I think this is a *bad* sign...

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use the latest software version available on the router, check if that helps.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the reply but the card is over 10 years old so I doubt it's the IOS version.

I am on 15.5 or later on the 1921 anyway, which is fairly recent.

Cheers!

- For such issues you have to really verify.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

OK, I think the issue is two fold:

a) The HWIC-AP card is not supported on the ISR G2s (1900 etc)

b) I think I need IOS T releases for the 1841 router? (I am currently running an M release, but I do have a T release to try...)

Comments?

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/1800-2800-3800-series-ap-ag-802-11a-b-g-high-speed-wan-interface-card/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028cc7b.html

Cisco 1800 (Modular) Series

1st release of Cisco IOS 12.4(2) T

So for  the 1800 you will have to try the T-release

From the table marked  Supported Router Platforms I can not see any support for the 1900 and or 19xx

M.

Thanks, it works with T release on my 1841...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card