cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have 2 Arrowpoint CS-800 (cisco CSS 11800) They are both booting up fine but I can't telnet to them even with console port

ikek
Level 1
Level 1

I have these units looks like they are booting up fine but I can't communicate with them. I got setup pdf files and using the com port settings but I can't reach them. some times I don't get any response at all some times I get some ASCII characters. I used port settings :

Baud Rate - 9600

Data Bits - 8

Flow Control - none

Parity - none

Stop Bits -1

still no communications, I'm using regular blue console cable cisco uses. can anyone help?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ike,

You setting looks correct.  Try changing the baud rate to 38400 and see if it helps.  if that does not help try a different application i.e terra term or Secure CRT, etc... to access the devices and see what happens.

HTH

Reza

Tharak Abraham
Level 3
Level 3

com1 or com2 ?

please check the device manager on your lappy or pc for this ?

If this is ok and the settings is as per you said...the culprit should be the cable !

yes It was the cable problem, because pinout setting for CSS 11800 different than what CISCO claims: I made a new RJ45 cable with:

-----Comm-server-side -----------------------------------CSS 11800 side ------------
---Color----------Purpose --- PIN #--- PINOUT -----PIN #----Purpose----------Color--
white-orange-----CTS-----------1--      1-1        --1------------------white-orange
------orange-----DSR-----------2--      2-6        --2---------RxD-------------green
-white-green-----RxD-----------3--      3-3        --3---------TxD-------white-green
--------blue-----GND-----------4--      4-7        --4-------------------white-brown
--white-blue-----GND-----------5--      5-5        --5--------------------white-blue
-------green-----TxD-----------6--      6-2        --6------------------------orange
-white-brown-----DTR-----------7--      7-4        --7---------GND--------------blue
-------brown-----RTS-----------8--      8-8        --8-------------------------brown

it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card