cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need change redandunt mode SSO to redandunt mode none ,and upgrade IOS XE ,I correct ?

Steve30001
Level 1
Level 1

I need change redandunt mode SSO to redandunt mode none ,and upgrade IOS XE  ,I correct ?

1. I upload new IOS-XE  and check boot system bootflash:/NewIOS   (I will must upgrade rommon ?)

2. I change configuration "redandunt mode sso to redandunt mode none" after I will copy run start  (I correct ? or any concern such as show platfrom, show version, dir ect, )

3. I can be reload for ASR take newios redandunt mode none.

I correct all ?

Thank you for respones.

Sittichai T.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sittichai,

Could you explain in more details on why do you want to change redunancy mode to none? Do you use IOS process redundancy on it?

Also, please post "show platform" command output here.

Generally, if you do not care about service impact due to the router reload, on any ASR router you can change the boot string to point to new image, save configuration and reload the router.

For less service impact, you should use ISSU procedure, which you can see in the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/issu.html#wp1218296

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

**Please grade this post if you find it useful.

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

Hi,

If you want to change to single process, config the following:

Router# configure terminal

Router(config)# redundancy

Router(config-red)# mode none

Router(config-red)# end

Router#

There is no need to run "issu runversion". Since you are doing service impacting upgrade with router reload, you just need to change the boot string and reload:

Router#show run | i boot     //find the current boot string, e.g. "boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/packages.conf"

//remove the old boot string now, using the output you got above, e.g.:

Router(config)# no boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/packages.conf

//add new boot string, specify correct path

Router(config)# boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.04.03.S.151-3.S3.bin

//save config

wr

//reload to load new image

reload

Note that this is service impacting upgrade!

You can also use ISSU packages upgrade procedure but that requires 2 IOS processes to be configured:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/issu.html#wp1162196

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

Kind Regards,
Ivan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ivan Shirshin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sittichai,

Could you explain in more details on why do you want to change redunancy mode to none? Do you use IOS process redundancy on it?

Also, please post "show platform" command output here.

Generally, if you do not care about service impact due to the router reload, on any ASR router you can change the boot string to point to new image, save configuration and reload the router.

For less service impact, you should use ISSU procedure, which you can see in the following guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/issu.html#wp1218296

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

Kind Regards,
Ivan

current I used ASR1002 1 unit version Version 12.2(33)XNF2   IOS-XE :asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.02.06.01.122-33.XNF1.bin

and redundancy mode sso

but, I need to single process , I can be upgrade  asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.04.03.S.151-3.S3.bin in ASR1002 ?

and I refer by command issu runningversion and result

ASR#issu runversion
--- Starting local lock acquisition on R0 ---
Finished local lock acquisition on R0

FAILED: Operation runversion cannot be performed: no install in progress

I just need redundancy mode none  and upgrade IOS-XE from 12.33 to 15.1-3 

PS. now :bootflash:/IOS-XE/packages.conf   ,

I will change bootflash:/IOS-XE/asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.04.03.S.151-3.S3.bin and change redundancy mode none and reload for take router  ---- but I don't sure after tranfrom 12.33 to 15.1

please make sure to me.

Thank you,

Sittichai Taykum

Hi,

If you want to change to single process, config the following:

Router(config)# redundancy

Router(config-red)# mode none

Router(config-red)# end

Router#

There is no need to run "issu runversion". Since you are doing service impacting upgrade with router reload, you just need to change the boot string and reload:

Router#show run | i boot     //find the current boot string, e.g. "boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/packages.conf"

//remove the old boot string now, using the output you got above, e.g.:

Router(config)# no boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/packages.conf

//add new boot string, specify correct path

Router(config)# boot system bootflash:/IOS-XE/asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.04.03.S.151-3.S3.bin

//save config

wr

//reload to load new image

reload

Note that this is service impacting upgrade!

You can also use ISSU packages upgrade procedure but that requires 2 IOS processes to be configured:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/asr1000/configuration/guide/chassis/issu.html#wp1162196

Kind Regards,
Ivan Shirshin

Kind Regards,
Ivan

Thank you for information Ivan,

I was try follow you,

after reboot ASR can used single processer  but, when I show redundancy  configure still mode sso

I used in config t and redundancy and default-exit  and enter  and save  non reboot  after then show config again config in redundacy mode none

thank you very much ...!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card