Views
Helpful
Replies

i want some help to complete this scenario maybe with etherchannel

argelis80
Level 1
Level 1

Redundancy lab.JPG

I have this scenario, my switches model is sg-350x small business I need to have redundancy even through the routers, I'm thinking in EtherChannel but I'm not sure.

6 Replies 6

Hello,

looking at the diagram, it is hard to tell what IP addressing you are using, and what redundancy you want to achieve (from where to where). Is this a Packet Tracer project ?

it is not a Packet tracer lab, is for real, every switch is in a different location, I need to be able to have redundancy, for example, I need to be able to reach location a through b or c and vice versa. 

Hi @argelis80 

Redundancy can be achieved in several ways.
At first glance, it can be achieved by floating static routes, by routing protocols or by IP SLA.
You can delve into these options and verify which one best suits your network.

Regards

Thanks, Luis but is I told before my switch model is small business sg-350x which do not support dynamic routing, do you think that your comment applies to this scenario?

Hi @argelis80 

You're right.
As an option, in this case, you can try to achieve redundancy through floating static routes.

Regards

maybe i forgot to mention that we are using up to 10 VLANs so the links are configured as trunk links. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card