Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed by loading - C6880-X-LE

Hi I've noticed that our C6880-X-LE displays the following error message, when loading:

%CRYPTO-0-SELF_TEST_FAILURE: Encryption self-test failed (IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed)

Here is the software version : 

Router#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, c6880x Software (c6880x-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.2(1)SY1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc6)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 29-Sep-15 15:27 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.1(02)SY01 [ Rel 1.1], RELEASE SOFTWARE
BOOTLDR:
Router uptime is 5 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 6 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "bootdisk:/c6880x-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.152-1.SY1a.bin"

Is it normal to bypass the ic2m tests ? I don't have another device to see if it behaves similarly. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hello Venelin,

for what it's worth, I have seen that message before, it seems to be part of the boot sequence. I couldn't find a relevant bug though. I think 15.4.1-SY1 is the latest IOS, you might want to ttry and upgrade.

I've upgraded it to 15.4(1)SY1

------------------ show version ------------------

Cisco IOS Software, c6880x Software (c6880x-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.4(1)SY1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc8)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2016 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 09-Dec-16 06:32 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.1(02)SY01 [ Rel 1.1], RELEASE SOFTWARE

Router uptime is 3 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 4 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "bootdisk:c6880x-adventerprisek9-mz.SPA.154-1.SY1.bin"
Last reload reason: Reload Command

But the error message is still there. Any ideas what else could it be? I've searched for a bug like that, but couldn't find one with the cisco bug toolkit.

I encounted this error as well and raised to Cisco TAC who provided the bug ID: CSCup52468 [IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed message seen on boot up]

"As for the error message ‘%CRYPTO-0-SELF_TEST_FAILURE: Encryption self-test failed (IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed)’, this error message is informational and it only indicates that the IC2M test was not performed during the initial boot up of the switch. This shouldn’t have any impact in the switch operation. This behavior was documented in bug ID: CSCup52468 [IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed message seen on boot up]"
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card