Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed by loading - C6880-X-LE

Hi I've noticed that our C6880-X-LE displays the following error message, when loading:

%CRYPTO-0-SELF_TEST_FAILURE: Encryption self-test failed (IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed)

Here is the software version : 

Router#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, c6880x Software (c6880x-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 15.2(1)SY1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc6)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2015 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 29-Sep-15 15:27 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.1(02)SY01 [ Rel 1.1], RELEASE SOFTWARE
BOOTLDR:
Router uptime is 5 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 6 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "bootdisk:/c6880x-ipservicesk9-mz.SPA.152-1.SY1a.bin"

Is it normal to bypass the ic2m tests ? I don't have another device to see if it behaves similarly. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Hello Venelin,

for what it's worth, I have seen that message before, it seems to be part of the boot sequence. I couldn't find a relevant bug though. I think 15.4.1-SY1 is the latest IOS, you might want to ttry and upgrade.

I've upgraded it to 15.4(1)SY1

------------------ show version ------------------

Cisco IOS Software, c6880x Software (c6880x-ADVENTERPRISEK9-M), Version 15.4(1)SY1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc8)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2016 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 09-Dec-16 06:32 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 15.1(02)SY01 [ Rel 1.1], RELEASE SOFTWARE

Router uptime is 3 minutes
Uptime for this control processor is 4 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System image file is "bootdisk:c6880x-adventerprisek9-mz.SPA.154-1.SY1.bin"
Last reload reason: Reload Command

But the error message is still there. Any ideas what else could it be? I've searched for a bug like that, but couldn't find one with the cisco bug toolkit.

I encounted this error as well and raised to Cisco TAC who provided the bug ID: CSCup52468 [IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed message seen on boot up]

"As for the error message ā€˜%CRYPTO-0-SELF_TEST_FAILURE: Encryption self-test failed (IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed)ā€™, this error message is informational and it only indicates that the IC2M test was not performed during the initial boot up of the switch. This shouldnā€™t have any impact in the switch operation. This behavior was documented in bug ID: CSCup52468 [IC2M Self Integrity Test Bypassed message seen on boot up]"
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card