cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

if i need to add FW IN TO MY NETWORK , whats the good network diagram and configurations after that

amralrazzaz
Level 5
Level 5

dears 

i need to know regadring the attached configurations and network diagram , if i will add for example a FW (ASA5516-FTD-K9) to my network topology what is the correct diagram in that case and where should i add it ?also whats is the kind of configurations it should be shifted from router to firewall or what is the configuration that should be done on the firewall ?

need clarification and help regarding the below after adding FW :

• where it should added on the network diagram I attached ?
  • what kind of configurations that should be done on FW >?
  • Whats kind of configurations should be remove from router and make it on FW ? if there are any ?
  • How the network look like after adding the firewall and what is the configurations should be done there ?  ill use the FW for site to site vpn connection but in addition what is the other configs should be done on it or keep the configurations of the router same ?

please find attach

amr alrazzaz
4 Replies 4

rais
Level 7
Level 7

In your case it looks like you will put a fw between your ISP and your border router. 

HTH.

yes great !

thanks ?

and then ? what is the kind of configurations should be implement ?

what should i change on router config ? is there any to remove and add on firewall or what is the scenario ?

like : - nat - access-list - vlans - gateways - whats is the network id between router and fw ? is anything i can put like 192.168.15.0/25 for example ? and then shifting the isp input to be between firewall and isp ? 

what is the routing protocol between local lan and fw ( static or dynamic )?

just need to know the changes in configuration on router and what should i configure on firewall ?

thanks

amr alrazzaz

Yes all that you have mentioned:  public IP, NAT, static routing, site-to-site VPN, new connector network 192.168.15/30 etc.

HTH.

so this is all what i have to configure at firewall ??

what about router ? should i remove any configuration ? like nat , access-list ? or keep all configuration same ? 

amr alrazzaz
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco