cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing AP802 in Cisco 819-4G

radiomean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm experimenting with the Cisco 819 series of routers.

I have an operational 819-4G (without Wifi) and wondered if I could upgrade it by slotting in the Wifi module...

I see from the motherboard there is a slot for an embedded AP 802 so I wondered if I could install one of these and upgrade my Cellular 4G router to having Wifi?

I have got a couple of 819HGW routers, have examined and compared the boards which visually look very similar (yes, I know that means nothing).

I took the AP802 from the 819HGW and installed it in the 819-4G. Before installation this shows '1 cisco Embedded AP (s)' so I thought it was possible it would recognise the card and work. But on the 819HGW there are TWO gigabit ethernet interfaces (one of course to communicate with the AP) - and on the 819-4G there is only one.

So, my 819-4G has the AP802 in it, seems to run normally but it does not see the AP802.

(I tested the AP802 and it works fine in the original 819HGW).

Is there something in a 'bios equivalent' that I have to change, or (despite the presence of the socket and markings on the board) is there a substantial difference and it will never work...

Cheers, Bill

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible. 

Can you elaborate why please? Thanks...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card