Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface down/down issue.

tresdeasada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I'm having some problems with an interface of my cisco router, actually, with any interface.

I have 2 internet connections in the place where the router is, one with DHCP and the other with static public IP address. When I connect the router to the public IP, te interface goes Status down, protocol down, when I connect it to the DHCP connection everything it's up, the interface works and my router goes to internet, not even the led indicator it's on with the public IP connection.

When I connect my computer to the port of the public IP, it has Internet access and everything works correctly, the problem is only when it is connected to the router, everything goes down as if it were a physical problem or something like that, but as I mentioned, DHCP works with the same patch cord.

Thanks for reading!

19 Replies 19

Glad to know that it was resolved, is that resolved after defaul the interface. ?

if the interface up, can you post show run interface and show interface gi x/x

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Take a look at the speed.

GigabitEthernet0/2 is up, line protocol is up
Hardware is CN Gigabit Ethernet, address is 1c6a.7a17.5662 (bia 1c6a.7a17.5662)
Internet address is 45.235.173.164/27
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 100000 Kbit/sec, DLY 100 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
Keepalive not set
Full Duplex, 100Mbps, media type is RJ45

Sivamani
Level 1
Level 1

I too have same kindly of issue, we are having tow internet connection both are getting DHCP IP. When the internet goes down Interface status& Protocol showing up always. And ACL configured to restrict the ping to internet. So its very difficulty to address the issue. Kindly suggest. 

You describe a problem but give us very little detail about it to help us identify the issue. As a start can you be more specific about what you mean when you say the Internet goes down? 

If you have two Internet interfaces are you using them both actively at the same time (load sharing) or are you using one as primary and the other as backup? Are you running a dynamic routing protocol on these interfaces or are you using static routing?

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card