Views
Helpful
Replies

Interfaces with cables

majdal1111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi for all,

I've a router Cisco 2801 and the service from the provider is Digital Leased Line (i.e. D.L.L) and another router (Cisco 2801) has a DSL.

So, what are the interfaces that going to attach with two routers.

Note: the purpose for these scenarios to deploy a Voice over IP for a single user in each location with together.

THANX

HASSAN

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tom.storey
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on exactly what sort of leased line it is the required interface could be anything. You might be best off speaking to your provider about that one.

As for the ADSL service, a WIC-1ADSL (ADSLv1 only) or HWIC-1ADSL (ADSLv1 and ADSL2/2+ capable) would be fine.

Between the two routers themselves you can use one of the built in ethernet ports with a cross over ethernet cable, or just plug them both into a switch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tom.storey
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on exactly what sort of leased line it is the required interface could be anything. You might be best off speaking to your provider about that one.

As for the ADSL service, a WIC-1ADSL (ADSLv1 only) or HWIC-1ADSL (ADSLv1 and ADSL2/2+ capable) would be fine.

Between the two routers themselves you can use one of the built in ethernet ports with a cross over ethernet cable, or just plug them both into a switch.

Really, I appreciated.

May be some replies like you are short but it is wonderful.

Thank you again dear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card