Helpful
Replies

Internet Cloud AS Path Prepend functionality Query

FabianAllen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Please find the attached Diagram for Reference:

We have our own APNIC pool which we have advertised to ISP-1 and ISP-2 as shown in diagram.

On ISR routers we are Advertising 1.1.1.0/24 to ISP-1 and ISP-2 via EBGP and receiving Default route on both ISR routers.

Issue: Majority of our inbound traffic is preferred via ISP-2, even after trying AS path Prepend still the same issue.

Since we have advertised the entire subnet to  ISPs  even though the traffic leave via ISP-1 preferred path is ISP2.

on my Lab its a straight forward with AS-path prepend is working fine.. but since ISR routers are connected to Service providers, how do I influence my Inbound traffic.. (Tried AS path prepend and not working)

I would like to make ISP-1 as primary and ISP-2 as Secondary

Please need your Guidance/Suggestions

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Pedroxh
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

Do you have the topology of this lab and the output CLI?

Best regards
******* If This Helps, Please Rate *******

Hello

Exact duplicate post with this -  Just a different OP name?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Friend, 
AS prepend with private AS, some ISP use remove private and hence all your AS private with prepend will remove. 
can you try public AS, this make ISP not remove it "even if there is inter ISP".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card