Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet connection troubles with cisco 877W

Hi peoples, i'm hoping someone can assist as i really am at the end of my tether. Ive recently moved home and started using the cisco 877w for my adsl connection, previous on a cable modem. My 877w keeps disconnecting, as in no pages on my wired or wireless devices. I am running c870-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M3.bin, from what ive noticed the ATM light stays lit, so i assumed it was the dialer interface disconnecting, ive added in persistant dialing, but doesnt seem to have mate a hoot of different, could somene check out my config and my diagnostic outputs and possibly show me the way forward......maybe i need a different ios i dont know, the different ios versions confuse me.... See below

i can provide the 'show dsl interface' output at request.

3 Replies 3

nigel doe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How often is your connection dropping?

Your config looks ok after a quick look.

The following, however, caught my eye:

It looks like you have a downstream issue (capacity 96%, FEC errors). I would log a call with your ISP service desk first of all.

Hi David

I had the same issue with my 887w, in the end it was not the cisco it was bad BT line.

Give your ISP a call and ask the to chenge SNR mirhaing manually, your speed wil be decreased but conection will be stable. 

In my case this has solved an issue 

Regards

Leo

This discussion has been reposted from Cisco User Groups to the WAN, Routing and Switching community.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card