cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Licensing (RTU,Permanent,Eval)

snarayanaraju
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Guys - While implementing ISR 4331 i noticed my Router was initially with IPBASE & UCk9 License. However i was in need of SECURITYK9 feature. But it was NONE status 

Then I used the command license boot module securityk9 and license right-to-use move.

upon doing so, SECURTYK9 got activated and i am able to use crypto map commands.

Question: How i am able to activate SECURITYK9 license without purchasing its License? Whatever i did is going to be a Permanent?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html

regards,Sairam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@snarayanaraju wrote:

Period left: Life time

In this case, the appliance have a lifetime license.  The license is not going to expire.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@snarayanaraju wrote:

Question: How i am able to activate SECURITYK9 license without purchasing its License?

Look at the output to the command "sh license" and the License Type should be "Evaluation" with a time-bomb timer.

Thanks for your respond about the Clock  under SECURITYK9 license. By the way can you tell me what is EVALRTU... does it mean Can i use SECURITYK9 till evaluation period and then it become permanent license?

regards,

Sairam

You can activate the Evaluation license and when the timer goes to zero, the feature is disabled.

Hey Leo - In my case EVALRTU is the key word i am seeing under SECURITYK9. There is not clock going on. What does it mean? Thanks in advance for responding 

Most likely mean the feature isn't activated and cannot be used.

I see this in the Router. So, does it mean i dont need to update the SecurityK9 License

Index 3 Feature: securityk9
License Type: RightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low

@snarayanaraju wrote:

In this case, the appliance have a lifetime license.  The license is not going to expire.

Thank you. I rated the your post as well. HTH

Thanks for taking the time to rate our post(s). :)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card