All the routers are configured with PIM Dense Mode and OSPF.
PC1 is generating multicast data flow x.x.x.x and PC2 PC3 receive that multicast. They send IGMP join packet to the routers (PC2 to R2 and PC3 to R4).
The strange behaviour that I noted is the follow:
I simulated a fault disconnecting SW1 (switch off): on R2 and R4 I observed that "Expires time" of multicast route ("show ip mroute") is setted to 3 minutes and started the countdown. I expected that after 3 minutes the multicast route disappeared from multicast routing table but that is not happened; because after a random time the timer during the countdownad restarts again from 3 minutes and the countdown starts again. After 3 minutes the "Expires time" arrives finally to zero and the multicast route disappear from routing table.
Someone could help to find out the event that restart the expires timer to 3 minutes?
- PC1 is the only device that send multicast packets
- PC2 and PC3 are only receiver, they just send IGMP joint group messages
- All routers are configured with PIM-DM without any static igmp configuration
- I runned "debug ip pim x.x.x.x" on R2 and R4 but PIM messages are not related with timer restarting. I noted that the timer was resetted to 3 minutes without receiving any PIM packets
- I runned "debug ip igmp x.x.x.x" on R2 and R4 but IGMP packets are not related with timer restarting. I noted that the timer was resetted to 3 minutes without receiving any IGMP packets.
I hope I have made myself clear with the explaination of that issue.
ENCS 5400 is a purpose built compute platform for branch networking. Multiple VNFs (virtual network functions) can be hosted in the ENCS platform with flexible connectivity options.
There are multiple Layer2 software and hardware entities in a typi...
how do we restrict a router interfaces from directly connected to Some vlans? can any one help me to figureout?the question is Router should not have interfaces directly connected to Vlan 30 and Vlan 40
I've got a one problem. Me and my friend have the same ISP. I checked my External IP address at WhatIsMyIp.com and my friend do it to. And we saw we have the same External IP.So my question is can 2 routers have the same External IP address?If i'm right 2...
LISP Protocol (Location Identifier Separation Protocol)! - The LISP protocol has become a brilliant stardom with the digital transformation that we are now experiencing. - Today we will talk about the LISP protocol and its advantages and method of p...