Views
Helpful
Replies

IP OSPF NETWORK POINT TO POINT ISSUE

Farooq Muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL

I have a 7609s and 7206 vxr and have configured a gig port as routed and ospf enabled but when both of them are without the above command or both of them have this ip ospf network point to point enabled they get amazingly packet drops but when one of them has config different from the other no cutting occurs can some one help?plz

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Farooq,

when only one device has OSPF network type point-to-point you have a mismatch of OSPF network type that leads to the fact that the link is likely not used for user traffic because it is not a valid adjacency.

The problem is not in OSPF is probably  in the cabling or physical layer settings of the two devices.

Be also aware that a C7206VXR is not capable of full rate on a GE port. So some errors have to be expected in your setup.

The question is what is the error ratio: total packets received / total errors on the C7200 side?

you can check this with show interface gigabitethernet

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe Larosa :

Be also aware that a C7206VXR is not capable of full rate on a GE port. So some errors have to be expected in your setup.

This needs little elaboration plz and one thing more when i connect a pc instead of 7609 i get perfect ping response and when 7609 is connected i get cutting and CRC errors on the 7609 side which increases rapidly although the same cable used. No CRC errors received on 7206 side.

Thanks.

Farooq Khan

evergreenajay
Level 1
Level 1

I think Gigi port is belong to broadcast network so there is need of dr/bdr

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card