Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA for Packet loss

vishalsinha
Level 1
Level 1

HI Friends,

I am looking to setup IP SLA to monitor packet loss on by Internet Circuit. if the packet loss on my internet circuit goes above 10% then I want my track to go down and when packet loss reduces to 5% or less then my track to come back UP.

I have tried ip sla and ip sla reaction-configuration etc. but i dont get the required results.

Seeking your help....

Thanks

Vishal

10 Replies 10

same needs... if you find the solution please post it yes

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If your routers support OER or PfR, you might want to investigate them.

Either can move individual flows when those flows experience packet loss.

HI All,

I couldn't find the way for this yet.

I am still struggling to create a Track that can send around 10 packets every 60 minutes and if it sees an average 10% packet loss, it should bring my Track down. And once the packet loss average reaches less than 5% then it should bring the Track up.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Vishal

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Did you investigate OER or PfR?

Hello.

How do you want to measure packet loss? I mean how many probes you need and on what interval?

arikawahyono
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vishalsinha,

Did you find the solution for your case? can you post it please.

i have same problem with you..

Thanks,

AW

Hello.

How do you want to measure packet loss? I mean how many probes you need and on what interval.

Hello Vasilii..

Packet loss >3% from total traffic,

Thxs.

AW

Do you mean packet retransmits on TCP flows or you mean probes by ICMP?

Otherwise I can't imagine how to measure traffic loss without other side been involved.

Amafsha1
Level 2
Level 2

I wish there was a way to do this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card