cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP SLA Monitor /Tracking 2921

GREGORY JACKSON
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking or IOS code for a Cisco 2921/K9 that will allow me to do IP SLA Tracking. The current code "c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M.bin" will only allow me to sset up IP SLA responder or IP SLA Server but  NOT IP SLA Monitor or IP SLA RTR.

I have used the Cisco feature set research tool and chose what it recommended but to no avail.

Am I missing something? Will the Server or Responder perform tracking?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can  assist..

~g

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

raparash
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

please make sure you have the correct license set installed for the same.i think this is supported only on "IP DATA" license set and not on IP BASE.

you can check whether you have the correct license set installed or not by checking the show version output.

View solution in original post

You can buy from any cisco reseller. You can enable a temporary license in the meanwhile.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

raparash
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

please make sure you have the correct license set installed for the same.i think this is supported only on "IP DATA" license set and not on IP BASE.

you can check whether you have the correct license set installed or not by checking the show version output.

You are corect I am licensed for IP-Base How do I get a license for IP Data?

You can buy from any cisco reseller. You can enable a temporary license in the meanwhile.

bo2112260285
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have the same problem with C2921. I want to config IP SLA for my C2921 but it seems do not support. The below for your reference.

####### Do not have option monitor

ip sla ?

key-chain  Use MD5 Authentication for IP SLAs Control Messages

responder  Enable IP SLAs Responder

server     IPPM server configuration

Show version

System image file is "flash0:c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M1.bin"

License Info:

License UDI:

-------------------------------------------------

Device#   PID                   SN

-------------------------------------------------

*0        CISCO2921/K9          FGL153913PM    

Technology Package License Information for Module:'c2900'

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Technology    Technology-package           Technology-package

Current       Type           Next reboot 

------------------------------------------------------------------

ipbase        ipbasek9      Permanent      ipbasek9

security      None          None           None

uc            None          None           None

data          None          None           None

Please kindly advise what ios I can use for configuring IP SLA. there're any problem with my licence for that

Best Regards,

Binh

By your output, it shows that you do not have the Data license, this is required to activate the SLA command set from what I understand.  But you can initialize the temp license:

from global config:

Router(config)#license boot module c2900 technology-package datak9 

you will have to reload the router once you do this for the command set to be activated for use.

ip sla monitor is no longer part of the command set, Cisco has rolled in the monitor command within the ip sla command along with cutting out a bunch of stuff that really didn't need to be there.  Check out the new IOS command refference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/ipsla/command/reference/sla_book/sla_02.html#wp1052325

for example, on the old code:

ip sla monitor 1111

type jitter dest-ipaddr 10.10.10.10 dest-port 17000 source-ipaddr 12.12.12.12 codec g729a

tos 184

tag VOIP-OS

New Code:

ip sla 1111

udp-jitter 10.10.10.10 17000 source-ip 12.12.12.12 codec g729a

tos 184

tag VOIP-OS

Mark Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All -

Just  an FYI, the best resource to find out exactly which features are  supported with which software license (IP Base vs Data in this case) is  with the Cisco Feature Navigator.  For devices that support licenses  (2900, ASR, etc) you'll have a dropdown box to select the different  licenses.

Cheers

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card