Views
Helpful
Replies

ipsev vpn & device failover in cisco routers

htunnminzaw1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear Experts ,

I have 2 cisco routers and 2 public IP Address for wan link fail-over. Now ,I would like to configure IPsec VPN failover and device failover . When i check some posts, they are configuring with same public IP range and HSRP for IPSec VPN failover . They configure HSRP Vritual IP Cisco routers' WAN site .

Can i configure IPsec site to site VPN fail-over with different Public IP address in Cisco router?  Please give me suggestion . Thanks .

HM

2 Replies 2

Hello,

the public IP addresses need to be configured on the ISP facing interfaces. HSRP is configured on the LAN interfaces. Have a look at the doc below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/sec_conn_vpnav/configuration/15-mt/sec-vpn-availability-15-mt-book/sec-vpn-ha-enhance.html

Hi Dear Georg Pauwen ,

Thanks for your reply . Please kind check the attached image that is our requirement design . Please give me advice that design is possible to configure IPSec Tunnel fail over . Thanks .

HM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card