ip address 172.16.10.1 255.255.254.0
ip pim dense-mode

VLC in VLAN 102:

ip address 10.63.3.1 255.255.255.0
ip pim dense-mode

in core sw there is IP multicast routing enabled

ip multicast-routing
ip igmp snooping tcn query solicit

the streaming is working in the same vlan but not with different vlan!

The TTL in streamer is 2

Any Idea about my issue?

Thanks

18 Replies 18

Hello
As long they are in the global address mc scope yes you can have multiple source groups (224.0.1.0 - 238.255.255.255)

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello,

the number of streamers should not matter. Interesting to know that one streamer actually does work (I assume between Vlans ?)....

Do you have clients from both Vlans attached to BOTH 2960 switches (on both sides of the 6807 ?

Hello George,

Actually the streamer doesn't work the VLC client on the same 2960 switch but the one is working the streamer is on different 2960 switch. (Both streamer on the same VLAN).

Hello

This still should work given that the switch(s) are connected to a L3 MC device such as your core switch, Do you have igmp snooping enabled?
In any case apply the following to this other switch and test again- ip igmp snooping querier

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card