cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR1101 LED questions

sbrobak
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for some description for one particular LED on the front panel of ir1101. The LED-icon is showing a human + LED.

Documentation:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1101/b_IR1101HIG/b_IR1101HIG_chapter_01.html#con_1200520

says the following:

Red, Green, and Blue User Configurable LED

I have one router where this LED has constant red light, but I can't find any documentation what it means. Anyone?

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably bad news , possibly a hardware problem. Is there still any output on a connected console when the device is powered up ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

pieterh
VIP
VIP

I guess you need to look into the programming options of the device 
Cisco IR1101 Integrated Services Router Software Configuration Guide
I did not read this whole book, but you can program i/o pins as in/out and read or set the state
and I guess you will find here how to output the LED status

boclay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The LED to which you are referring is the user-configurable LED. This is why the human icon appears next to it.

I believe that the red led is bleed through from something inside the chassis. You can check the status with the show led command. I see a red light as well but it is very dim.

You can set the user-configurable LED manually with the command, "set platform hardware custom-led color" followed by a number which indicates the color(s).

The command is documented in the IR1101 17.6.1 release notes...
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/IIoT/release-notes/17-6-1x/b-17-6-1x-release-notes-iot-router.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_53205a4c-ff57-4b7f-aa5c-31914c63ab18

The feature is called "custom controlled led"

The show led command gives the following output.

IR1101#show led

SYSTEM LED : Green

Custom LED : Off

VPN LED : Off

ALARM LED : Off

GigabitEthernet0/0/0 LED : On
FastEthernet0/0/1 LED : Off
FastEthernet0/0/2 LED : Off
FastEthernet0/0/3 LED : Off
FastEthernet0/0/4 LED : Off

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card