cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR1101 persistent changes but cant view config

TRENT WAITE
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new IR1101 industrial router with IOS XE v17.03.01. It appears to save the config, but I can not view it. Doing show run or show start displays a simple/basic config with nothing in it. For example I configure hostname, reload, the router will maintain the hostname. Upon first boot I had skipped the start wizard out of habit and thought to just begin entering config and save. Now I do not know if I should not have done that. 

Doing copy running-config startup-config does nothing. Oddly when I do copy start tftp I get a config file based on hostname-cnfg that actually shows the saved config changes.

4 Replies 4

TRENT WAITE
Level 1
Level 1

This is something I have never seen before, but the console config is pretty much empty except for a few basic lines, but the config shown when I connect via SSH is the full config that I put in. Why in just console does it show a bare config?

Hello,

odd. Post the output of:

sh ver

Hello

Sound like you have limited access

Show privilege

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

3C#show privilege
Current privilege level is 15
3C#

In config viewed through SSH I see the tunnel interfaces, BGP, crypto, usernames, etc.. In config through console I see service lines, boot lines, enable secret, and that is it. I did experience this briefly a few months back with several IR1101, but this was momentarily, it was something like after a reload or similar action the full config was shown. I usually first thing is setup router to point I can access via SSH and them proceed using that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card