cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it necessary for cisco engineer to be certified in Microsoft (MCITP) ?

mujtaba baig
Level 1
Level 1

guys is necessary to be microsoft certified too behind cisco to be Network engineer ! thanx

6 Replies 6

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

It depends on what the employer is looking for.

In my experience engineers who work in remote locations such as large mine sites are expected to have a range of skills in both technologies.

Smaller organisations are also often looking for engineers with both certs. They sometimes don't have the budget to hire a dedicated Cisco or Microsoft engineer.

I believe that Sean has said it well - for some employers it is desirable to have both skills. But speaking for myself - I have been a network engineer for quite a few years and I am certified in Cisco and not certified in Microsoft.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

mujtaba baig
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for both of u , so i an studying ccnp switch and i am certified in ccna at this time should i go for MCITP too or no ?

Hi,

Only you can answer because it depends what type of organization or work you want to do.

if you want to do system and network then going for a Microsoft or Linux cert in addition to Cisco should be beneficial to you.

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It will be a plus to learn some skills of other competency you interface directly. For example, in my work, I interface directly with server administrators. Luckily I managed Netware, Windows, and Unix before. So I know (for example) what's going on why file transfer between two hosts is slow - its not the network. We can find the root cause immediately and resolve it quickly.

Hello
If you work for a small business or. organisation, then it would be be beneficial for you to at least study client /server platforms be it Novell/Microsoft/hp etc.

I myself come from a systems admin background on Microsoft from dos up to 2k3 and fell into networking. Working my way through the the routing/switch tracks

In the past though my system admin background has dug me out of a few issues but I agree with rob that I don't think its necessary to have.

Res
Paul

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card