Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN BRI PRI

zanub
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone post a configuration for ISDN Bri 7 remote sites dialing a central PRI location with dialer string in the remote site.Is there a need to create dialer in the main site.Is this configuration fine.

Main site

interface Serial2/0:15

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

isdn switch-type primary-net5

dialer idle-timeout 300

dialer-group 1

Remote site

interface BRI0/0

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

ip ospf demand-circuit

dialer idle-timeout 300

dialer string 123456

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

I want to use ospf as well. Can a web based application bring the link up? Will the PRI module assign bandwidth as required by the BRI sites or it is necessary that i configure ppp multilink to get the full 128kbps

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

AFAIK you need to have the ip ospf demand circuit command keyed only on one side of the connectivity.

As you have done in the remote bri location in your case .

The main idea behind this command is to suppress the periodic updates which can trigger out and flood the bri links..

regds

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

you need to configure the following command at the central site to have 128K(2B channels) alloted for each location.

ppp multilink

multilink max-links 2

in the remote location also u need to enable multilink and also dialer load-threshold command to trigger the second channel once u see some traffic on the first channel.

Also check out for the interesting traffic which u configure up in the dialer list so that it can trigger the call.

Also refer this link for more info in configuring up the same..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca71d.html

Have seen most of the configs only with dialer interface especially which are involving PRI cirucitry and serving remote dial ins..

regds

Hi,

Thanks prem. Isn't dialer interface just for dialing.I had configured 1 dialer interface for one site in the PRI Main site, in this case the PRI was assigning one dialer interface for 1 call ie incoming. I could see that in the routing table which says if this network go to dialer x.So should i configure double the dialer interfaces and use the commands you advised or will PRI assign mannually.Do you configure seperate dialers for each location in the main site. Isn't dialer just a virtual interface used inorder to dial multiple locations.

Thanks

Hi

i feel this link will help u out in getting ur config done for both dialout and dialin from the same PRI circuit..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk133/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094559.shtml

regds

Hi,

Will this configuration give me 128kbps bandwidth. Should i configure dialers in the bri router or create multilink groups.

Pri router

interface Serial2/0:15

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

ip ospf demand-circuit

dialer pool-member 1

isdn switch-type primary-net5

ppp multilink

multilink max-links 2

interface Dialer8

description Connected To xxxxxxx

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer caller xxxxxx

dialer-group 1

!

interface Dialer9

description Connected To xxxxxx

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 1

dialer caller xxxxxx

dialer-group 1

!

Bri router

interface BRI0/0

ip unnumbered Loopback0

encapsulation ppp

ip ospf demand-circuit

dialer idle-timeout 900

dialer string xxxxxx

dialer-group 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

ppp multilink

dialer load-threshold 1

Thanks

Hi

Do configure ppp multilink under the dialer interface which you have configured up over there in the Central Location (Pri Router) and chek.

regds

Hi,

I tried it.Still not working.Should create a multilink interface?

Hi,

I have finally got both channels up. I want to know if there is any problem in ip ospf demand circuit command. As of now dials are disconnecting after idle timeout. I have configured the command only in the remote bri locations.

Thanks

Hi

AFAIK you need to have the ip ospf demand circuit command keyed only on one side of the connectivity.

As you have done in the remote bri location in your case .

The main idea behind this command is to suppress the periodic updates which can trigger out and flood the bri links..

regds

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have given a default route in the remote router, what other traffic should i be blocking.

hi

Can you revert using the dialer-list whether you have allowed any particular interesting traffic to trigger out the bri line or by permitting all the traffic ?

regds

Hi,

I've permitted all ip traffic.

access-list 101 permit ip any any

!

dialer-list 1 protocol ip list 101

Also have a static route. I have OSPF. So can i remove the static route. It should work fine right. I want to know if the dialer would dial even if there are no entries on the routing table( will ospf entries be retained even after switching off with the OSPF demand circuit command.)

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs on ISDN. Hope you don'e mind helping on another topic too.

I have to get E3 oonfigured end to end.I'm going to use all the E1 channels for the same network. So should i configure one multilink group and add all interfaces to that group or is there any way i can configure one single ip address for all the e1 channels to act as one e3 channel.

controller E3 9/0/0

e1 1 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 2 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 3 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 4 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 5 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 6 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 7 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 8 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 9 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 10 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

e1 11 channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31