Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Issue - 2621XM with WIC-1B-S/T-V3

yathis1899
Level 1
Level 1

Issue:

Tried to configure WIC-1B-S/T-V3 on Cisco 2621XM but ISDN connection couldn't be established. Show ISDN status shows

"Layer 1 not active". But whenever a WIC-1B-S/T card is used the ISDN connection was sucessful. Cisco document says

the WIC-1B-S/T-V3 can be used If IOS 12.3(10) is used. We are curently running c2600-i-mz.123-26 ios and the issue still there.

Anyone who had experienced this before,Please assist in resolving this issue.

18 Replies 18

As per my knowledge, The card is supported in 2600 and 2800 but the ios plays an important role to detect the card or sometimes it works and then it stops responding.

I tried to go through the cisco toll which recommends the software for the hardware and for this card it does not have any option for 2600 it can be a possibility that 2600 is end of sale.

Ios change should help.

Regards

Pravin

With the current IOS running on the router, the card is detected but only the ISDN connection could not be established(Layer 1 DeACTIVATED). However as suggested i will try to upgrade the IOS version and test.

Thanks.

hennigan
Level 1
Level 1

Is the ISDN circuit in North America? The US and Canada carriers deliver BRI on a U-loop, not an S/T interface. You'll need an external NT-1 if you have a U-loop BRI and an S/T WIC. See the diagram at the end of

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094423.shtml

We are in Asia, and using S/T interface. The ISDN line is connected thru a NT-1 external unit.

Regards,

Yathis

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card