cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN on 1841

battanc
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco-1841 with WIC-1B-S/T-V3; ISDN line with TA type NT1-PLUS.

With an old Cisco-2503 the line is working well, but connected to this 1841 I can not dial out - also isdn test call interface brI .. is NOT dialing.

The Debug show "unfound B-channel" but with the 2530 I can dial out.

IOS of 1841 is 12.4.1.c

Is there some new parameter to put in the configuration?

Thank's

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

As per the datasheets available for S/T V-3 Card it does requires external NT1 which is not the case with U type card.

Can you check the output of show isdn status during normal conditions and also when u initiate a call call manually from the router ?

If possible do post out the configs here and also the outputs taken..

regds

!

interface BRI0/0/0

description linea ISDN

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache cef

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

dialer pool-member 1

isdn switch-type basic-net3

isdn static-tei 0

ppp authentication chap

!

Hi

I would suggest to remove the floating static route pointing towards the dilaer interface first and check the status of the isdn line.

If you still get Layer 1 as deactivated and Layer 2 as not activated would suggest to chcek the Physical line itself.

for more info on this do refer this link..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b76.shtml

do revert back after you try out the above options.

Also as mentioned in this document do shut and reenable (using no shut command)your ISDN interface ..

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fdial_r/drfisl2.htm#wp1119875

regds

Sir,

I have also found some cases where ISDN does not work properly on Cisco 1841 where IOS has version 12.4(1c) .

To resolve the above issue, we have uploaded 12.4(1a) which is working perfectly with same ISDN link...

You can also try uploading sme IOS & check.

regds,

aman

Hello,

is the 'isdn static-tei 0' a requirement by your provider ? Try and take that line out of your configuration. Also, the output in the log is truncated, make sure you have the ' dialer-list 1 protocol ip permit' globally configured.

Using the 'clear interface BRI' command can cause the ISDN connection to hang, and to send an improper signal to the ISDN switch, it is better to use 'isdn disconnect' or 'isdn test disconnect' command...

Regards,

Nethelper

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card