Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Isr 1100 6g downgrade iOS sd wan to ios xe

Hello,

Im trying to downgrade an isr 1100 séries router in a classic iOS xe. I receive the router in viptelia iOS , first i Switch to an iOS sd wan with success. Now i m trying to change 17.6.3a sd wan to 17.6.3 iOS xe. I follow the procédure but i Can t load the .bin in rommon (invalid paramètres) i tried request software command in enable mode but it said i cant in contrôler mode. I tried a no controller-mode command. But i Can t Switch in autonomous...the rommon version is 17.4.2(r). I tried also 17.4.2 version iOS xe same error... Someone Can Help me pls ?!

14 Replies 14

thank you for your answer. I tried both links. First link failed for me .. the boot in rommon said invalid argument. When i tried to boot from c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin from rommon 17.4.2(r). I did the same thing like the other post on the forum. Update the viptelia IOS -> Change to isr1100 isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin But now i'm stuck in controller mode .. I can't disable this controller mode (said like this ios doesn't support disable controller mode). I really want to change this hardware like a classic router / Normal command like basic "conf t" .... What is the difference between  c1100 and isr1100be ios ? I'm just trying to use the router as a classic router. I thought csr1100 is classic IOS XE, ISR1100 is XE SD WAN but may be i'm wrong. Can someone just help me please ? 

attached pdf for reference.

What is the difference between  c1100 and isr1100be ios ? I'm just trying to use the router as a classic router. I thought csr1100 is a classic IOS XE, and ISR1100 is XE SD-WAN but may be i'm wrong. Can someone just help me please? 

CSR and ISR different platformer, CSR cloudbased virtual one.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this procedure, it doesn't work for me. I'm missing something .. i'm sure. 

I'm actually in : isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

I modify register tried to boot rommon and after on : c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

But i have always get an error : invalid argument (it's look like he can't boot on the .bin file)

I tried to verify the IOS, but same error. 

I also download : c1100-universalk9.17.04.02.SPA.bin 

Same error / Same problem. 

I don't know what i'm missing ...

In isr1100be-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin, as i said i'm stuck in controller-mode. Can't swap in Autonomous..

Can you post the complete procedure you follow in the text file from the console for us to understand what went wrong?

Device# controller-mode disable

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/sdwan-xe-gs-book/install-upgrade-17-2-later.html#switch-modes-using-cisco-cli

BB

Yes, i will send you tomorrow. The router is at the office. On the morning i will send you the complete console text.

Here the problems : 

Router#controller-mode disable
% Controller to Autonomous mode change blocked: This platform does not support switching to autonomous mode.

rommon 3 > boot bootflash:c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin
Located c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin
###################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Package header rev 3 structure detected
IsoSize = 648568832
Unknown package structure
Failed to boot file bootflash:c1100-universalk9.17.06.03a.SPA.bin

Router#controller-mode disable
% Controller to Autonomous mode change blocked: This platform does not support switching to autonomous mode.

show that it can not do autonomous mode, we need to look other mode which we discussed before , get in to ROMMON

BB

What should i test in rommon ?! As you Can sée i have also an error when i try to boot from rommon mode.unknown packagé structure

I tried a request platform software sdwan software install. Without success, 'Invalid installation package.Platform C1100 does not match with ISR1100be'.

I am working to do the same thing. 

I've tried everything you've tried with no success. It seems like we are working on troubleshooting the same problem. I have one of our resident cisco CCIEs assisting and will post here if I find a solution.

Mitchell Mote
Level 1
Level 1

The solution that worked for me is below:

Boot device into rommon and issue this command:
rommon 1 >
rommon 1 >
rommon 1 > DEVICE_MANAGED_MODE=autonomous
rommon 2 > sync
rommon 3 > reset

The device should boot and operate in autonomous mode and operate like a regular IOS-XE image.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

-=-=-=-

We had to search in previous TAC cases regarding this. This is likely a bug with the way the bootloader on some 1100-6Gs won't read c1100 files. I've requested Cisco dig into this as it could be a gating factor for a lot of customers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card